As we enter 2017, it won’t be long until the holidays are behind us and we get back into the usual daily driving routines in the Music City. The light traffic over the past two weeks were nice but soon we will be reminded why traffic is a pain here.
While most people have a New Year’s Resolution to lose weight, I have come up with some for Nashville drivers:
- Be more patient on the roads. Instead of being quick to get angry at other drivers, practice a little patience.
- Slow down. Don’t drive so fast. We are all trying to get somewhere too.
- Do what you are supposed to do. You know the rules – follow them.
- Wait before you honk. Don’t be so quick to lay on the horn unless it’s absolutely necessary.
- Don’t drive so aggressively. This isn’t a NASCAR race. It’s okay to let people in front of you.
- STOP RUNNING RED LIGHTS!
- Let it go. When someone cuts you off let the rage go. It isn’t worth it to escalate the situation.
If Nashville is truly the most friendliest city in the United States, why don’t we start driving like it?
Happy New Driving Year everyone!