The Georgia Swarm and defending National Lacrosse League (NLL) champions Saskatchewan Rush will square off in the Champions Cup. The Swarm swarmed the Toronto Rock with a strong defensive effort holding the Rock below double-digits in scoring for the second game in a row. Shayne Jackson had three goals and two assists for the Swarm. Goalie Mike Poulin was awesome in goal blocking 42 shots and finished with a 9 goals against average. With the win, the Swarm swept Toronto in two games for the Eastern Division title.
The Saskatchewan Rush scored two goals early in the fourth quarter to pull in front of the Colorado Mammoths and held on for a 11-10 win in front of the home crowd of 14,025. The Rush completed the sweep of the Mammoths.
- Georgia Swarm defeated Toronto Rock 11-8, 13-9
- Saskatchewan Rush defeated Colorado Mammoths 18-9, 11-10
Here is the schedule of the Champions Cup final:
- Game 1 – Sunday, June 4 (5:05 pm ET) Saskatchewan at Georgia
- Game 2 – Saturday, June 10 (9:30 pm ET) Georgia at Saskatchewan
- Game 3 – Sunday, June 18 (5:05 pm ET) Saskatchewan at Georgia (if necessary)
In their only meeting of the season, the Swarm defeated the Rush 18-10 at home on January 7th.
The Swarm are appearing in their first final. The Rush captured the crown last season when they swept the Buffalo Bandits 11-9 and 11-10.
The Swarm, which calls Infinite Energy Center in Duluth near Atlanta home, will be the second Atlanta team this year to play in a championship.